Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bend It Like Little Dirt Dawg


Orange slices and Capri Sun's secured, Little Dirt Dawg began his foray into organized sports today with his first official soccer practice. Standing an impressive 3'6 and 34 lbs, L.D.D. looked menacing in his black Umbro's and cleats and looked to impose his will on both the ball and opposing players in what i have determined will be a season of "squirt ball". Players will converge around the ball, it will squirt 5 -10 yds and repeat.

In all honesty, I am not worried with L.D.D.s ability to pick up dribbling, passing, or slide tackle, but Dirrty Girl's ability to rein herself in when the games begin. As if he was reading my mind, Coach D passed out a code of ethics for parental signature that stated I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.

Let the games begin.

No comments: