Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Suite Day

For the past two years, Einstein and I have taken some our most deserving EI high school students to a Detroit Tigers game using tickets donated by the Tigers organization. In some cases, this will be the only field trip students will go on for the entire year and is sometimes the first time they have even been to a major league ballpark.

Eight students and 3 staff (myself included) were all excited to go as the weather looked perfect (65 degrees and sunny) and a pre game feast of pizza and pop awaited everyone, until a phone call came.

Asking for me, a representative of the Detroit Tigers asked me if we were still planning on coming down today. Of course, I answered. He then asked me if I would like to upgrade the seats to a suite!!! A suite, I answered? Yes, he said sometimes business owners and individuals donate their suites to organizations when not in use. YES YES YES....I said.

On the way to the park, i told the students that we had to go to guest services when we got to the park, becasue there was an issue with our tickets. I told them that I think they gave us the wrong seats and had to move us into some not so nice seats. The look on their faces when they found out that we were going up to the suites was AWESOME!!!

No comments: