Saturday, September 27, 2008

D.D.M.C. # 9


I was really excited to get this one started and had no problem getting up @ 3:30 am when the alarm went off. Family obligations for the weekend necessitated the early start and after the first hour with Nemo, I felt pretty loose and settled into an easy rhythm of running 12 minutes and walking for 3 minutes. Around mile 22 or so I stopped @ a 7-11 for some Gatorade and M&M's (YUM) and used that to fuel my finish. The marathon came at about 4 hr 15 min in and I just kept rolling. 30 sounded like a nice even number so I stopped. One of those days where the mind and body were in sync and could have just kept going and going.
Start Time: 3:40 am
Distance: 30.05 miles
Time: 4 hr 52 min 50 sec
Avg. Mile: 9:44
Fastest mile: 8:23 (mile 29)
Slowest mile: 11:41 (mile 1)

1 comment:

Sun Runner said...

That's amazing-- you're awesome! Or should it be you're amazing and that's awesome? Either way, you did more before 9:00am than most people do, well, ever. I cranked out 20 miles of my own at Kensington Metropark at an 8:38 pace.