Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Night Lights

No pep rally, no cross town rival, no shutting down the town to watch the game of the week, just a solitary dawg out for a run. But not just any run....THE PHEDIPPIDATIONS WORLD WIDE HALF MARATHON CHALLENGE.

With a full fall weekend with the kids planned, I had no choice but to don my reflective vest and headlamp and head out to get my 13.1 miles in. A single beam of light was my guide as I ambled across a few towns and saw a bustle of activity and ghoulishly decorated houses.

I might just have to run at night a bit more often. :)

Results:
# of Starters: 1
# of Finishers:1
Starting time: 7:28 PM
Temp: 51 degrees
Distance: 13.1 miles
Time: 2 hr 12 min 07 sec
Avg per mile: 10:05

2 comments:

Fritz said...

I love night running- though mostly at a park like Kensington or Indian Springs.

I'm hoping to enter in the second half of Detroit as my time for the World wide half. Unless I crash and burn, of course- then it'll be my first half. :)

Brian Thomas said...

Hey, I never thanked you for the mention on Fdip. I got a spike of web traffic afterwards. Sounds like the running is going well. See ya on the roads!