Tuesday, April 03, 2007

RECOVERY SUCKS...


Ok.... 2 days post marathon..and i hurt..i think they call it DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)..well no shit, i just ran for over 3 hours for no other real purpose than to say that i covered that amount of ground faster this time than in the previous 9 attempts...it's kind of like that one time at band camp...
Anyways, yesterday was an easy walk and some yoga to just get the legs moving. My son added to my recovery by making me chase him around the block.
This morning, the dog and I set out for a run/walk. Run 5 min then walk 5 min in a further attempt to flush the lactic acid or whatever the hell makes my legs hurt that the copious amounts of tylenol has failed to do. I think the walk was faster than the run.
NOTE: The pic is of Twinkle Toes attempting to "choke my chicken" at our weekly fun run.

No comments: