Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting Back on Track

It happens every year. In the blink of an eye, it seems like another school year is over and the routine of school, kids, sports, etc ends rather abruptly. When it does, it seems like my motivation to get up before the sun to run, and commitment to any sort of project (writing, podcasting) for at least a few weeks does as well.  It's not that I am not doing any of them at all, but I am just kind of when I get to it, I will sort of thing.

I tend to wonder if this is laziness or something else? Maybe like any training cycle, I need time to rest and recover. I'll be honest, after a school year of dealing with students, staff, budgets, legislation, etc, I need a break.  Is it that without the structure of having to get up and workout before work or risk the chance of not getting it in, the motivation is lost? How do you handle a break in the action so to speak so that you can reload the coil to spring off again?

No comments: