Saturday, February 04, 2012

Book Review: To Kill a Mockingbird



After completing  Following Atticus, in which the the dog is named Atticus M. Finch,  I was inspired to go back and read a book that as an adolescent I read with much fervor, but with my limited view of the world I don't think that I appreciated as much as I did this time around. 

To Kill a Mockingbird deals with issues of racial inequity and morality, all from the view of a 10 year old girl. However, those issues are still present today just in a different form. It's one of the reasons that this classic piece of literature is still as relevant today as it was when first published in 1960.

Thank you Tom and Atticus M. Finch for getting me to pick up this classic again.

2 comments:

asheley said...

great book!

Friendship SMS said...

A fantastic piece of literature. The story is about two children, Jem & his sister Scout and their lawyer father Atticus. It is about childhood innocence and hypocrisy and false values of the grown ups. The story is narrated from Scout's perspective. It weaves magic throughout story. It makes you think. It has left deep imprint on my psyche. Atticus, the lawyer father, is wonderful and his advice to children and his discourse with Mr Tate in the end is really courageous and adorable. It'll definitely enrich you.