Thursday, July 12, 2007

Pontiac Lake

Fueled by Chicken Nachos and copious amounts of Summer Zest @ the local watering hole with friends last night, I ventured out this morning with my pretty in pink coffee mug to meet up with Fritz for a run through Pontiac Lake Recreation Area.

Fritz and I had never run, hell had never met until this morning, but it proved to be a great day for a trail run on his local stomping ground. Having not run trails nearly enough this year, I found him flying down the hills and me tripping a couple of times, smacking my right big toe pretty good, and at last count, 5 scrapes and 2 thorns I pulled out of my leg from jumping off the trail to avoid the ipod listening mountain biker.

Comparing data from his Garmin 305 and my Polar RS200SD yielded 9.8 and 10.25 miles respectively, with the trail legend saying 11 miles, and somewhere in between being the miles we covered. In any event, I was stoked to get out and get some trail running in and meet a fellow runner.

1 comment:

Fritz said...

It was great to meet you! We'll have to catch a run together at Island lake sometime soon! :)