*Note* I am sure you could make this vegan by substituting canned coconut milk for the heavy cream, unsweetened applesauce or egg replacer for the eggs, and extra-firm tofu overnight in lemon juice and minced garlic for the feta cheese
- 1 unbaked pie crust, placed in a tart pan and chilled
- 2 cups sauteed greens (We used Swiss Chard)
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 °
- Place the tart pan on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Sprinkle the greens in the pie shell. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the greens.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the eggs and cream. Season to taste. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and greens.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until set.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8