Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Appalachian Trail on a Treadmill

It was too damm hot out today. So instead, I hopped aboard my trusty, and unused since the weather turned nice, Pacemaster Platinum ProVR Treadmill for a jaunt on the Appalachian Trail.

I forgot how cool this treadmill is. During the 4.5 mile, 45 min jaunt, the speed adjusted to 6 m.ph. , the Constant Effort Compensation Mode kept adjusting from a 4.5% incline to -2.2% decline every so often that I had to look at the control panel to see that indeed I felt like I was running downhill, because I was!

Luckily, the weather is supposed to break tonight, bringing cooler temps and a return to the outdoors.

2 comments:

Fritz said...

Call us obsessed, but my friends and I all gathered to do speed work on a Track... 6 800s at 6:30 this evening.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

But then, I thought it was going to be really, really bad...

Are you up for Pontiac Rec this Thursday? Some of my friends and I are going to be doing it this Sunday as well, so you're more than welcome to join us!

Timothy Finkelstein said...

You know how I know? You won't run in the intense heat or cold.