Where: Kensington Metro Park/Island
Get out there and move your duff to eliminate the stuff consumed on
Begin @ Kensington Metro Park. *Note* There is a daily $4 entry fee if you do not have a permit. Park at the East Boat Launch and head west on the bike path trail. Just before heading over a bridge, there will be a path to your left that goes under I- 96. Follow the path under the freeway and into
Follow the blue trail head markers and continue on the trail until past the 8 mile marker. There will be a
To complete the 50k distance…do one loop on the Kensington Bike Path (approximate distance 8.5 miles)
For those of you preferring to do a shorter distance less than a 50k and don’t want to get lost, or run trails…you can just run loops around Kensington. Each loop is approximately 8.5 miles. Or run the 23 miles out and back section and stop.
I expect for many of us to run together as this is not competitive at all. Somewhere in the 5 hr 30 min to 6 hour range for the full distance and will probably incorporate some walking.
1. There is no fee to run this (ok..except for the daily entry fee to the park. Most times though in the fall, there is never anybody checking the cars for permits)
2. It is HIGHLY ADVISED that you wear something hunter orange or very bright out on the trail section. I ran it this past weekend and saw some hunters out there.
3. There is no aid. I might have something set up at the start/finish, and somewhere along the way, but it is a approximately 23 miles for the first loop.
4. You are responsible for your own safety out there. This is merely a loosely organized fun run that just happens to be a wee bit longer than a marathon.
5. Please email me with your interest so that I can begin to take a head count
A short video about the course can be found here: @ Just Finish