As the thought of covering (mainly running but I know I will be walking a lot) a 100 miles gets tossed around my tiny little head, I have started to look at the benefits of it. Here is my top 5.
1. I have a perfectly good reason to run a lot more.
2. I get to do a lot of LSD. Long Slow Distance.
3. Less speedwork, more hills.
4. I have to learn to run at night. Early morning running is one thing after sleep, but doing a run after a day of work and play should be interesting.
5. Learning how to eat more on long runs than just gels. Potatoes, soup, pizza? Anyone know of a pizza joint in metro detroit that will deliver on the run?