Tuesday, January 29, 2008

D.D.M.C. #2 - Fat Ass Style

Originally, the second leg of the D.D.M.C. called for rambling down to Ohio and running The Last Chance for Boston Marathon. However, as I went to register and noticed that I missed the early deadline and would have to pay over $80 to run a one mile circuit 26 times, I had second thoughts. Umm...nope

Dejected, I began to mull and mope through a couple of runs until I came up with an idea. Why not do a marathon "fat ass" style and maybe a couple of crazy souls might want to join.

So here are the details:

Date: February 16, 2008

Distance: 26.2 miles or any portion there of if some is interested (distance to be calculated by the Garmin 305)


Time: 8 am (depending on weather, conditions...maybe around 4 hours for the distance)


Place: Kensington Metropark



No Fee (unless you don't have a metropark pass and have to pay the daily entry fee..$4)

No Aid ( I might have some extra GU and Gatorade, but don't plan on it)

No Awards ( If I have time, I might be able to cobble something together)

So if you are interested in getting out for a fat ass marathon or a just a good winter long run feel free to post your interest or email me @ dirtdawg50k@aol.com

1 comment:

Brian Thomas said...

I'm afraid that my parents are visiting from out of town so I can't join you for the DDMC Fat Ass. Sorry to hear you were under the weather. Stay warm out there--we have a -25 degree wind chill up here today!